Well Assalamualaikum and hello 2013! It’s already the new year! Another year to do great things, to experience more ups and downs, to invent stuff, to be outstanding, to create magic, to be closer to our creator and most importantly to do good to the world and mankind.
Another year with another 40 things to do, last year I’ve achieved 8+3 goals. So this year, I hope to hit most of them down. In order to do just that, I chose goals that’ll help me in my career and that is to be world renowned Designer and Inventor, that has her design empire worldwide, launch a DIY craft cult in her country, has her own foundation to help the needy, build schools for the underprivileged, have my own TV show and books. YES! Ladies and gentlemen, it’s time to set that law of attraction.
Having that in mind, I want to be balance. Both world and hereafter. Not just chasing worldly abundance but also gearing up for ‘what next’. Have you thought about it? Sounds Ironic huh? Long story short, I wanna do as many good things as possible. Things that will benefit mankind. Not just materially, but also through my writings and videos. Yeap! all about sharing peeps.
Some of the goals this year were last year’s like joining 100 competitions, create 365 days drawing challenge (which needs more fuel!) and have an online store among other things.
So, people of the world, here it is. My 40 things that I wanna do in 2013!**CLAP CLAP**
763 : Read about the months in Islamic calendar
828 : Complete recitation of the whole Quran
169 : Join Toastmasters club
76 : Learn Spanish
364 : Read about the ancient philosophers
511 : Learn about fabrics
745 : Read about the history of fashion
893 : Read autobiographies for a year
957 : Learn to replace a tyre and change oil
#a : Complete my Fashion course online
#b : Complete my creative writing course online
87 : Join a marathon
#c : Lose 30lbs
208 : Create bed sheets
209 : Create curtains
369 : Create a traveling sewing kit
458 : Create 365 days drawing challenge
533 : Create my own cool and funky wallet
538 : Learn drawing and sketching
595 : Create my own dresses
852 : Do Fashion drawing
904 : Have a cool and funky sewing kit
44: Create a Hijab brand
53 : Be a fashion designer
149 : Have my own fashion label
796 : Know about the famous and indie designers
911 : Have my own online shop
#d : Set up my designing and tailoring business
52 : Own a property
117 : Have my own art studio
128 : Create my dream room
#e : Have $100,000 in my bank account
#f : Get an iPad and an iMac
633 : Create my own HOW TO video series
921 : Have my own YouTube channel
38 : Host my own travel programme
317 : Hike Mount Kinabalu, Sabah
605 : Join 100 competitions
713 : Organize my life from top to toe
Ok so that was my 40 things to do this year. One new thing this year is that I created a HOPE LIST. A hope list is where you state all your wishes that are very general and current so mine is like this :
1. US Immigration will grant me my green card soon. I miss my husband and I want to spend 2013 with him.
2. More quality time with my family. Sometimes we take things for granted until that someone is no longer living. So cherish every single time with your loved ones as much as we can.
3. To go to the Masjid daily. At least once a day. God has given you so much. Can’t you spend few minutes to carry out the Sunnah?
4. Develop a DO NOW attitude. I wish to beat procrastination right at it’s core. I have to be the change!
5. Help as many people as I can. I always believe that the more you give, the more you get 🙂
6. To have a super organized room, sewing station, craft studio and home.
7. To posses a high focus skill and discipline. I’m still working on it.
8. Be thriftier, only spend on what you need and make things rather than buying them
9. Recruit 30 new friends 🙂 Get to know more people
10. Cut down on the delicious yummy Malaysian food. Nasi lemak..you can’t be my best buddy anymore.
There you have it, checklist of 2013. So much love and effort being put into this and I can’t wait to tick off one by one!
2013! I’m gonna rock you! **nawal**